By Christopher, February 25, 2014
This post will cover the steps I made to build ROS hydro successfully from source on my Ubuntu 13.10 amd64 with German localization settings.
1. Add repositories
2. The basic building procedure is covered in the article below, but I will list all commands/steps I have used from this tutorial as well, together with links to resources which helped me solving problems and how I solved them. If you want to have an explanation of the steps, please refer to the provided links.
3. In order to prevent language problems on a non English system, I used following hint.
4. Resolving another build error:
5. Finish the build process and install ROS to a custom location.
6. This command needs to be run every time before you are using ROS. For simplification just add it to your .bashrc
7. Check if the installation was successful by running:
If my free work and projects are helpful for your life or you just like them, feel free to support me with a donation.